List your rental property with Canadian vacation homes and start earning today
How Much Will This Cost Me?
- We have no listing fees and no upfront costs.
- We charge a 20% Commission on bookings that we make.
- For select, premium vacation homes we offer a Full Service Property Management program.
Please contact us at 1-888-763-6373 for more details and to receive a quote for management services of your property.
What Do I Get For 20%?
- We meet with you at your property, provide an evaluation, discuss the potential rental price and answer any questions.
- We professionally photograph your property and set up your listing on all of our websites.
- We provide access to our owner login system where you can view details of your bookings and make changes to your listing.
- We educate all of our sales staff about your property and on some occasions will send sales agents to view the property.
- We exclusively take care of dealing with the guest.
- We process all money transactions and hold all monies in Trust.
- We collect a damage deposit for every booking, and provide an accidental damage waiver policy that covers all guests.
- We assist in organizing the cleaning of each property and are happy to refer reliable, local cleaning and maintenance companies.
- Our approach is hands off for the owner and we provide 24 hour emergency service to the guest.
What Does Full Property Management Include?
- The Full Property Management Program is available only to select, premium vacation homes and provides additional services of our standard program.
- We provide cleaning and maintenance of the property during the rental season.
- We maintain the swimming pool or hot tub.
- We replace consumable items and essential supplies.
- We provide a personalized check-in service and property walk-through to guests, upon arrival.
- We do a property inspection upon guest departure.
How Much Can I Rent My Property For?
- Each property is different and depending on factors such as location, amenities and quality of furnishings the rates may vary.
- If you would like an estimate, please contact our office and one of our Product Specialists can provide it for you.
I Already Have My Property Listed
On Another Rental Website?
- That's Great! We are non-exclusive and we encourage our owners to utilize as many or as few sources for bookings as they would like.
- We can use the availability calendar from your listing on another website.
- We only take a commission on bookings we make.
What Am I Responsible For?
- To have your property fully furnished and equipped with good quality items that are clean and durable.
- To stock your property with all supplies, linens, and towels as per the supplied schedule of supplies.
- To remove all personal items including clothes & family photos and put into a storage area or lock-off section of your property.
- To review your property listing on Canadian Vacation Homes websites and inform us of any changes to your property immediately.
- To not disturb the quiet enjoyment of the renters during their stay in the property. This includes real estate showings.
- To arrange cleaning of your property to CVH's standards - hotel quality clean and do all repairs and maintenance as required.
- To contact CVH prior to making your own reservations or blocking off any dates to ensure that no double bookings occur. If a double booking is made, CVH’s booking will take precedent over all other bookings.
- To supply CVH or CVH’s Check-in service with keyless entry information and a hard key for backup, in case of emergency. This can be left at the property in a lockbox.
- In the event of damages to the property, to contact or have your cleaners contact CVH within 48 hours of the guests check-out via written communication. If requested by CVH, digital photographs and an invoice must be supplied to CVH by the owner or representative within 7 days of notification. If CVH is not provided these items in due process, CVH or the guests cannot be held liable for damages. CVH will act as a mediator between Owner and Guest to solve any disputes as quickly as possible regarding said charges.
What Is Canadian Vacation Homes Responsible For?
- To actively advertise & market your rental property to appropriate groups of families and adult groups over 25 years of age.
- To pre-screen guests by phone, ensuring that they fall within the marketing target group.
- To create and maintain a website with photos, pricing, descriptions and availability for each individual property.
- To come to your property and photograph it professionally to assure the highest value.
To take bookings upon renewal of contract using rental prices as per contract & offering specials if approved by the owner.
- To cover all customer relations and communications related to the booking of the property.
- To collect all monies and taxes on behalf of the property owners and submit these taxes. If an owner has a GST number, the owner will be paid the GST with their portion.
- To pre-authorize a damage deposit via credit card for a minimum of $500.00 prior to any guest check-in.
- To provide a check-in service at select resort locations or accurate information for guests to do a self check-in at private vacation homes.
- To be available to handle guest questions and concerns during their stay.
- To provide payment to the property owner within the time period specified in their contract.
What Else Should I Know?
- We are an accredited Travel Company through the Consumer Protection Authority of British Columbia. All funds are held in trust: BPCPA License# 34873
- For more detailed information on renting your home, please Call Us at 1-888-763-6373
Inquire About Our Rental Program
You may unsubscribe at any time.